Sunday, July 25, 2010

hawaii




Ry had a conference in Honolulu so we thought we would tag along. We found it very entertaining to people watch and guess which ones were there for the scientific conference. We saw a lot of dark socks and sandals, tweed suits, and funny backpacks/briefcases. The conference gave out a big badge and backpack so that was usually the give away, but none the less, the kids loved asking everyone in the lobby or elevator if they were there for ICAD.... Our hotel was full of them.

Local beach... We drove around for an hour trying to find one that we would not get mugged at. Not sure the locals like tourists at their beaches. Maui is a little more friendly that way.





Tanner is always trying to be so cool.. Hard to get a natural pic of him because he would flex for every picture.



Lei making, was a must for Abby, along with Hula dancing which I did not get a pic of because I had to participate. Scary...

Plenty of moments like this, when the kids were waking up between 3:30-4:45 every morning.
First time since Tanner was 5 that my kids have stayed in a Hotel! It was a little bit of an adjustment.




the kids loved the banyan trees..





Abby was the "little- i-wanna" the whole trip..... She wanted to enjoy everything the island had to offer. Lei, coconut, hawaiian dolls, a variety of necklaces, and of course a tattoo. (which by the way, was the cause of a major the melt down the next day when I put sunscreen on it and it washed away. oops! at least I got a picture of it.)





birds of course.




more birds.. funny how these parrot people put their birds on your kids and then expect cash. hmmmm.


polynesian cultural center..


2 comments:

ChelsieWatts said...

Looks like so much fun! What cute pictures of your family, we miss you guys!!

Jen and Buzz said...

Well I am officially jealous!! What a fun trip. I love that you were all trying to decide who were the scientists:) and that snow treat looks amazing!